Glitters

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Some Things Will Always Remain

As an only child growing up with a single mom I was always really lonely, In a way I guess I still am. At that time money was very tight and so my mom ended up working most of the time and going to school as well to provide for us.It was this way for so long and I became really accustomed to being alone. But like most single children I kind of always hoped for a little sister, someone to love me, spend time with me , and do/share everything with.
During my younger childhood I would visit my then re-married father every two weeks or so , those visits stopped soon after. He had a son. After about two years he had a girl.
I adored this little creature. So cute! Finally a little sister! I loved her so much in just a moment.
I remember waking up early in the mornings, going into the room and picking up my still-sleeping baby sister and taking her downstairs to where I would watch the Saturday morning cartoons. And I would watch my cartoons and pass the morning while my darling sister would still be blissfully asleep in my lap. I did this every weekend I was there. I just liked the feeling of her in my lap, so peaceful and sweet. But then things fell apart as they are inclined to do, and I never really went back there and I never really saw her again. Not the way I would have liked it. At all. And then my baby sister soon after got a little sister of her very own.

There are so many people and things that happen in life that I wish would have been different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home