Glitters

Monday, January 14, 2008

Intervention

When I was very young, when my parents were still married( although it ended very terribly and quickly ), they owned 2 video stores.
My dad took care of one, while my mom had the other.
When you run your own business like that and it was open 7 days a week its time consuming. So I never did see much of either parent during those years and spent most of my time with my grandparents. My grandmother is the person i would spend my days with, who would do my hair, bathe me and i shared a room with her. And in that house my grandfather was the person who did the grocery shopping and I loved going with him. I mean loved it.

Its crazy how things / people play out and change isn't it?

A little while ago I pulled into the grocery store on my way home from school and parked my car. I went through my jacket to find my debit card and got my purse. In the mean time a car had pulled up into the stall next to me and who gets out of it other than my grandfather. I loved going to the grocery store with him and isn't it ironic that i run into him there? I waited till he walked a decent ways away from me and then go out of my car got my groceries and went home.
I didn't talk to him or acknowledge him. And neither did he.

For the past little while a family/childhood friend whom I affectionately refer to as my younger sibling informed me that my grandmother wanted to talk to me very badly. I naturally figured she was probably very sick and thinking this may be the end of her life and that's why she was asking so i asked my sibling about it and he said he would find out why for me. He told me later that she said she simply wanted to talk to me. I know what that means, that means shes going to eventually come out with her " don't you love me/ come visit me" guilt trip and that is something I want no more of. So i never got in contact, I don't want to. I got a call from her on my cell on my birthday, i never gave any of them that number, i recognized the number and was sleeping so i never picked up, i wouldn't have anyways. But they called a few other times from different numbers i think and eventually i ended up answering one. And I made it very quick let her say happy birthday to me, she asked what i was doing and i said school and work and then *duh* she says come visit me and i said ill see. Then i excused myself from the conversation and hung up.
I had finally distanced myself from everything that happened all those years ago, how dare she ruin that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home