Glitters

Monday, June 27, 2005

My Father Killed Me Long Before I Was Meant To Die

My yesterday night was wonderful.
Absolutely splendid.
Sitting in the basement with my cousins laughing, taking obscene and random photographs of one another as we prance around the room.

And yes, we are "adults"/ grown woman..Whatever you'd like to call it..
But some things never get old..Or at least not for us.
It doesn't get any better than that..
But it does.
We ended up going upstairs to where my 2 uncles and 2 aunts were sitting and just relaxing. Needless to say my uncles had knocked back a few drinks.
Let the good times roll in...
We laughed together at random jokes and sat and listened to stories that made no sense or had any relevance to the moment.

Uncle 1 : " I want a motorbike. "
Uncle 2 : " Yeah me too, that way we can take our girlfriends to the cinema."
Aunt 2 : "Did you hear what he just said! Girlfriends to the cinema! What about the wives? "
Uncle 2 : " Well why can't you be my girlfriend?"
Aunt 2 : " Because I'm your wife. "
Uncle 2 : " Yes, but now you can upgrade to being my girlfriend. "
* UPGRADE? *
Aunt 1 : " Lets sit on the couch my back hurts."
Uncle 2 : " Why? You don't want to be a girlfriend? "
What does her back have to do with being a girlfriend?

Uncles : " So you girls should start to learn how to cook for when you get married."
Girls : " No, our husbands can do the cooking."
Uncles : " See this is going to be a problem, When I ask my boys they say that their wife will
cook and when I ask the girls they say their husbands will cook! "
Girls : " Then we'll invite you guys over and make you cook for us."

Then there was the burnt tea kettle story.

Aunt 1 : " Yes see you've been caught on candid camera."
Uncle 1 : " Candid camera, OOOOOOOH."

Another story about his wallet falling through a hole in his pocket and him feeling something heavy near his foot in line at the grocery store.

Uncle 1 : " You know getting old is weird. You start getting hair in places you never had before. It stops growing on your head and starts growing out of your ears and on your hands and your nose."
Uncle 2 : " Yeah he used to have noses on his hair!"
Girls : " Noses on his hair?"
Uncle 2 : " You know what I mean. I think if I didn't trim my nose hair it would be longer than my moustache."

Another story about how they sometimes forget their close friends names. He knew everything about the guy and remembered all the things they used to do when they were young but he couldn't for the life of him remember his name.

Uncle 1 : " So what were you girls up to?"
Girls : " Oh nothing."
Uncle 2 : " Yeah that's what we always used to say to when we were asked that."
Uncle 1 : " Yeah no matter what we'd been doing, when our parents asked we would say nothing. Don't worry you don't have to tell us."
Girls : * Whew *

It was a real experience, this happens pretty often with my family. Where the older generation and the younger one just all hang out and laugh together. It's so beautiful we learn so much about them, they are really cool people with some interesting stories and a wicked sense of humor. One thing I really like is they don't seem to feel like they have to censor themselves. They talk to us like were adults, which we are I guess, and it makes us feel good.

I love my family. Even with all the internal conflicts and fights and useless grudges that we cant let go of sometimes. I still love em. Wouldn't trade em for the world, Each and every member brings something unique to the picture.

My uncle says see we wont ever forget this night.
My aunt says you cant remember your friends names but you'll remember this?
Yes.
I think he's right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home