Glitters

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

And I Will Not Put Up A Fight As You Push My Head Underwater

Open your eyes, I mean really open them and look at the person standing before you.
I understand that I am not who you want me to be, I never have been nor will I ever be.
Stop being hostile towards me.
I will not allow you to live your life through me.
I will not live out your dreams, I will live out my own.
I don't need your approval.
I'm tired of hearing you complain about how you no longer want to be alive and how nothing in your life has turned out the way you wanted.
Then I have to deal with that look you give me that tells me the " thing that didn't work out right " is me.
Well guess what?
We don't get perfect lives, neatly gift wrapped and waiting on our doorsteps.
You just make the most of what you are given.
And that is where you fall short.
I don't want your mediocre life.
I don't want your angst.



I need your affection, maybe even your love...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is just one life for each of us: our own.

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home